Garanti Payment Systems does not only create full satisfaction at the time of consumption, but also makes a very serious contribution to national economy by prevention of unrecorded (informal) economy. Cash volume used in daily life is at the same time an indicator of modernity of a country. Unrecorded economy reduces tax income, and makes negative effects on the national budget, and on appetite of foreign investors.
Given that the banking industry of Turkey is manned by so many valuable and talented employees, and is employing a very advanced technologic base, we must show maximum efforts for encouraging the use of payment systems instead of cash.
Therefore, by 2023 coinciding with the 100th anniversary of our Republic, we aim and intend to put entirely into practice of daily life the debit and credit cards which provide more valuable bonus and miles than cash payments, and are easier to use than cash via their new technologies, and facilitate the life thanks to its additional services.
There is no reason which may preclude us from reaching our Turkey vision as formulated for the 100th anniversary of our Republic.
Garanti Ödeme Sistemleri A.Ş., founded in 1999 by T. Garanti Bankası A.Ş. and its subsidiaries, has already come to a very important place in the banking industry through its solutions offered, awards granted and services provided. Main fields of business of Garanti Ödeme Sistemleri A.Ş. are:
• To provide the infrastructure needed for clearing and settlement transactions between its Participants; and
• To operate and run the daily routine deals of the infrastructure of “TakasNet” Payment System under its management, and to impose joint rules thereinfor; and
• To create, operate and further develop systems, platforms and infrastructures supporting all kinds of payments or money transfers without use of cash; and
• To engage in other activities which are unrelated to the modus operandi of TakasNet Payment System, but may be used to further develop, facilitate and make safer the business operations of system participants, and which it is authorized to do as per the applicable laws; and
• To take initiatives encouraging and popularizing the use of non-cash payment methods; and
• To provide all kinds of technical support and process services for credit cards and/or debit cards of other corporations or banks; and
• To enter into joint projects and collaborative initiative and sign license agreements with other companies, institutions and organizations operating at home or abroad within the same fields of business; and
• To take all kinds of actions and offer all kinds of services within payment systems.